Thursday, September 27, 2012

Suppe!

     I made soup from scratch last weekend while watching Doctor Who. It was not a complete failure, but I struggle with my soups being too sweet. My reasons for making the soup were threefold:
  1) At the rate I've been eating soup, it is really getting expensive
  2) I enjoy vegetable beef soup, but the chunks of meat they give you are disgusting and super fatty
  3) Because of the beef situation, I tried just getting vegetable soup, but then it's all tomatoey and sweet and I don't like it
     So I made a vegetable beef broth soup and was mostly happy. Potatoes, onion, celery, carrots, corn, and peas. Luckily I can eat a lot of salt because it is necessary in the consumption of this feast. I think next time I'll stick to chili- that rarely goes awry and even when it does it isn't sweet.
     I am working on setting up a baby registry at Target for those of you who are waiting for one. It is not easy. There is a lot of stuff out there and we don't want too much because we'll just have to move it at the end of August, but there is still some stuff that we need. The gift cards we received have been extremely helpful in getting us started baby-wise, so a big thank you to everyone who got us those! We received our boxes last week of stuff we shipped up here and it was exciting all over again to open up the clothes, books, and toys we got before we left.
     I must say I am thoroughly enjoying Matthew Perry's new show Go On. So far it is fantastic- hopefully they can keep it up.
     It is Dan's birthday today. He apparently shares his birthday with Google. Dan is twice the age of Google today. Neat. Wow a lot can change in just 14 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment