Sunday, April 7, 2013

Sometimes I don’t want to know what my dreams mean


I had a dream the other day that I was cat-sitting and I was told that the cat liked to be put in the microwave for five seconds because it made him feel “all warm inside,” apparently quite literally. Well, I accidentally put the cat in the microwave for five minutes instead of five seconds. Kitty was reduced to a skeleton. Why brain, why? Why do you put these images in my dreams? Terrifying.

Oskar found his foot yesterday and hasn't let go since. He has also started to learn that when he brings both legs up to his tummy he can tip to his side. One of his favorite things right now is to sit on the couch like a big guy right next to his mom. It’s very cute. Although Oskar usually looks a lot like Dan, he got my giant eyes. Dan said to me, “look at his face he looks super crazy because he made one of his eyes bigger than the other.” “No Dan, that’s just the way our eyes are. One is bigger than the other.” Thanks for making us feel good about it.


Our little man is four months old today. He is super heavy and tomorrow at his appointment we are going to check to see if it’s okay to start him on solids. I’m so sick of feeding him. I don’t care if you think I’m selfish and don’t you even dream of telling me the benefits of breast milk through the first birthday and how somehow my baby will end up messed up because I plan to have him weaned by six months. I've heard it all and I honestly don’t care for opinions anymore. Believe what you want; my kid is super healthy (thank God) and has had at least 2-4 oz. of formula every day since his third day of life. I’m sick of being in pain when I wake up in the morning and when life interferes with our feeding schedule, I’m sick of getting punched in the face and kicked in the ribs because no matter what I do he will not eat calmly, and I’m sick of all the stains on his clothes being from me dropping my food on him because that is the only time I have time to eat. I have a feeling I will be much happier when breast feeding is done. Sorry for the rant.


We made chili again yesterday because Dan is going out of town for a few days and it’ll be easy for me to prepare it alone. Also, we ended up getting about eight inches of snow so it turned into a great weekend for chili. Anyway, my entire left hand ended up being proof that water increases the effects of capsaicin. After making the chili, I gave Oskar a bath. My goodness my hand hurt so badly the rest of the day. Oskar was not injured.

I hope to buy my plane ticket today and purchase some more suitcases. Barb offered to come up and help me fly home with Oskar, so I’m looking forward to having that help. I was kind of nervous to do it on my own.


Dan said he knew he was used to living in Alaska the other day when he was on a run because he came across a moose and was annoyed instead of excited. As mentioned above, he is going to Seattle to go to the intern gathering. He is looking forward to running around Seattle in the rain and getting a little work vacation. Considering his only break from work since we got here was two weeks with a newborn child, I’m sure he probably needs a little break. 

Enjoy your Sunday everyone, or the rest of whatever day you are reading this on.

No comments:

Post a Comment