Sunday, April 28, 2013

I can't come up with a clever title

Oh, what to talk about. Honestly, not much is happening. Some of you may know that when a move is coming up I tend to get started with the process a little early. I started on working on clearing out the condiments in the fridge probably in January. Not throwing them away of course, but planning meals that use them up so they don't go to waste. I've also started putting together items to send home so we can kind of start gauging how much that is going to cost and how many boxes that will be. Also it helps me feel like I'm getting something done.

Dan thought it was important that you all know that he isn't always happy.
Weaning a baby makes a mother feel bad, especially when he is only about five months old. It just seems that we are all happier when he has formula. It keeps him fuller longer and he eats quicker. Whenever he spits up lately- and it's not often- it's always breast milk. I don't really understand that, but I take it as a sign to keep doing what we're doing.

Oskar is so loud. I know I've said it before, but he's getting bigger so he's getting louder. I already had bad hearing and this is going to make me deaf. Sometimes when I sing the alphabet he quiets down, but I'm getting so sick of singing it (and Baa Baa Black Sheep and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star). It's also difficult to sing one thing and type another, not impossible, but it definitely slows down the process. Note for moms to be: refresh your lullaby/nursery rhyme knowledge. It does not just stick around from childhood. Also, do some bicep curls.

He is mostly happy though.
My final week up here is all planned and the reservations are made. Yay. It includes two glaciers, an aquarium, a brewery, horseback riding in the mountains and kayaking in the ocean. Sounds like a win. It also includes staying in a facility with no running water, but we're trying not to focus on that. There are communal bathrooms and stuff, so we'll make it. Sixty-five dollars a night works a lot better for us than $190. And the $190 is the cheapest we could get. It seems that Seward is full up.

Saw some moose on our walk yesterday. The baby is pretty easy to see.  To the left of the big cluster of trees you can kinda see a big butt. That is the momma.
In other news, I can't figure out how the camera on my computer works. I even tried using the internet to help me. No dice. Of course I skipped the tutorial when I got the computer because I thought it would be easy to go back and find it. I was wrong. I'll try again when Oskar is sleeping. Oh wow, I may have just found it accidentally, still going to work on it later.

You will all be thrilled to know that after the stroller fiasco of last weekend, I now have two, including the one I originally wanted. I will be returning the more expensive one. Whew, glad that's settled.

No comments:

Post a Comment