Sunday, April 21, 2013

Holy moly did we have a morning


Sometimes Oskar is so good and sometimes it's like I have never met the kid before in my life. Super frustrating. Ahhh babies. I'm also frustrated because I tried to order an umbrella stroller today and it was no longer available. If it is no longer available stop advertising it on your home page! You should be told it is unavailable before having to type in all your info and payment. It's been a long day, I just didn't need that on it as well. 


After much discussion at the church, Dan will be returning to our fair city in early July. Dan says, “We will return to you comrades and the glorious motherland. Pour the fine ale! Sacrifice a loon!” There has been some confusing communication regarding this issue and we've had our ups and downs, but it all ends with Dan not having to spend so long away from his little boy, so that is stellar. There might be an opportunity for him to do some work in SW MN too, so if I can’t find a job that will give us a little paycheck in the meantime.

I went with a friend and her baby to the baby expo yesterday. My baby stayed home with his father because I needed a break. I think the expo was a little smaller than either of us expected, but it was a glorious sunny day so we walked around outside and then went to a bar. Good beer and good conversation were included. All in all, very good “baby expo.”

Oskar has realized he has the power to scratch the eczema on his face. This is not fun and leads to some bleeding. Because of this I am trying to be more diligent about putting lotion on his face and it is improving, just very slowly. We’re doing the best we can.


We are making plans for our outings at the end of the year and I’m excited because as of now we are going back to Seward. We did the Kenai Fjords cruise last time and while that was awesome, we didn't get to see much of the city because our time was limited. Now hopefully we can go to the aquarium, get up close to a couple glaciers, and go kayaking. Also, we will need to go back to the place with the excellent beer cheese soup. I made a calendar/schedule on our little white board. It is very organized and makes me happy. Now I just need to make all the reservations.

1 comment: