Thursday, January 31, 2013

I got inceptioned!

That’s right people, a dream within a dream. When I woke up for real, I was so confused because I seriously thought it already happened. As Dan told Oskar, we are living in the future. It’s hard to trust his opinion though. This is a conversation he had with Oskar:
“Should we sing a song?”
Bright eyed stare.
“Should we sing the liturgy?”
Bright eyed stare.
“Okay! (Singing) The Lord be with you…”
Don’t worry; we've already told Oskar that his parents are weird. He knows. 

I salute all the women who want to be stay at home moms. I do not. I feel bad about this because I have the opportunity to spend time with my baby, and I know a lot of moms that have to go back to work wish they could be home. I have realized that I wish I had a job to go back to though. I love my baby and he is a very good baby, but is it so wrong to wish that I had more to my life? I think not.  Wow, that sounds mean. Oh well.

Oskar can giggle. It is a very joyful sound. He is also doing very well at sleeping through the night. Usually I get up twice (last night was only once!) to feed him and he goes right back to sleep. Although, upon further consideration, I don’t know that he actually wakes up… The trouble with Oskar is that he absolutely does not care if his diaper is dirty and this can lead to the parents forgetting to change the diaper once in the night. This leads to a slightly wetter Oskar than one would like. He doesn't mind though. In other good news, Target finally makes long jeans. Overall, it’s been a pretty good week.

I finally sent in my application today for that job I mentioned last time. I think that’s what bothers me about staying at home with a baby. You can't get anything done. I guess I would have been able to do it faster if we had an internet connection, but still, this took me 15 days to pull together and that is just stupid. In the midst of it all I thought I found a typo in my thesis. Luckily I was looking at a rough draft. I wrote metal instead of mental. The final draft was fine. I had to look at my thesis to refresh my memory so I could write about it for this application. Up to this point I have avoided looking to closely at it for fear of finding a typo. 

And last but not least, an Oskar pic. Dan said he looks drunk. He is not drunk.


2 comments:

  1. Ah....Maybe a little tipsy, but my grandson certainly looks healthy and cute!!!
    I want to hold him!!!

    ReplyDelete