Sunday, May 19, 2013

The many expressions of Oskar

 It is May 19. It snowed on Friday. With accumulation. This is wrong.


We were invited over to dinner at a congregation member's house on Friday and she made delicious enchiladas. We also went to a small going away shindig for the former pastor's wife yesterday where we ate delicious burgers. Overall the week was a win as far as food and company goes.

Before walk
The church had a garage sale a couple weeks ago and the strollers didn't sell so we got one for a small donation. I'm pretty excited about this because it means I can take a walk with Oskar and not continue breaking my broken back. The stroller is a little broken, but it's good enough for the month we have left up here. Hmm. Seems things are broken up here.

After walk.
Oskar's eczema continues to improve, but sometimes we still catch him scratching at it so then he looses left arm privileges. This involves swaddling one arm. He doesn't seem to mind too much. He really only scratches at it now when he's really sleepy. I think it's because he will be rubbing his eyes and his hand will brush by his cheek and he will be reminded that his skin itches.

Very sleepy, lost arm privilege.
Oskar continues to be one of the most expressive babies I have ever seen, although I haven't interacted much with many other babies, so he's probably just normal. We have now tried carrots, squash, peas, and green beans. He likes them all, or at least eats them all. I dislike the smell of the peas. They smell really bad. Usually when Oskar eats now we just take off all his clothes. It's easier this way.

We are not amused.
I have not been sleeping well. It was annoying enough before I had a baby, but now I do and he doesn't care very much and demands the same from me regardless of my lack of sleep. Not fair. He learned to cough on purpose recently. This is really annoying because a coughing baby is typically a sick or choking baby. No, my kid just smiles and coughs. Weirdo. He also does this super cute whimpering thing while falling asleep. It is so funny. 

Natural mohawk.
Dan and I had a conversation the other day:
Dan: "Oskar sounds like a sad seagull."
Me: "There are no sad seagulls. There are hungry seagulls and dead seagulls." 
He found this amusing and wanted me to share it with you all. Enjoy this movie of my little man singing and chomping on his feet:



2 comments:

  1. Grandma and Grandpa Nelson are here smiling from ear to ear and giggling with delight!!! Thank you for the post, Dorisa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive that he's already got the tongue rolling down!!!

    ReplyDelete