Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Who needs plans? Me, I need plans.


I have decided that it is hard to make plans when you have nothing to go on. Okay, we have one thing. Dan is going to school in the fall and probably graduating in December. Things we don’t know: when, if and where I will get a job; where and if Oskar can get into a daycare; where to live because we would like to be close-ish to at least one workplace or school; and where Dan will be placed in the spring. We have the option to live at seminary, but we will be kicked out in December and places don’t really do month to month rentals for the time between then and where we know where we're going, nowhere anyone would want to live anyway. My parents’ place might be a temporary option, we were planning on being there in the summer anyway, but it is definitely a commute to most architecture firms and to the seminary and although we would save on rent, we would probably need to buy another car. Argh. 


Look at me! I can sit and chomp AT THE SAME TIME!
In other news Oskar is still great and as of today his hair is starting to lay flat all on its own. We did some cradle cap removal last night and his head is almost entirely not gross now. I had curry yesterday, and in turn the smell of his diaper almost made me throw up today, but other than that we've been good. He does this new thing too where if he’s not crying before he starts eating he gets this supper crazy excited face and crazy eyes. It is super funny.


After considerable discussion, it has been decided that I will be returning with Oskar sometime the week of June 16 and Dan will come back toward the end of July. It is not ideal, but I think it is the best we can do. Hopefully I’ll be able to do better job searching when I’m in town. It's a bit strange knowing when I'm leaving, but it's also nice to have some sort of plan in place. I haven't bought my ticket yet, probably will do that sometime in April.


No comments:

Post a Comment