Wednesday, March 13, 2013

I sleep in a cave of snores

Hi friends!
I don’t mind Oskar’s snoring- it reassures me that he’s breathing. Dan’s on the other hand I find quite loud and annoying.

Felt another earthquake on Sunday and one more just after midnight this morning. It’s official- I hate them. These were both small and short- in the 4 range and I think quite a ways away, so we didn't get too much of it here in Anchorage.


My goofy ginger boys.

Squishy face.

Oskar is over three months old now. It’s funny how fat he looks when he is being held and when he is sitting, but how slender he is when he is all stretched out. We’re back in another vicious eating phase. Hopefully it will be over soon. At least he is sleeping a little more today. It gives me a chance to do something besides feed him. Like talk to you fine folk.

These two are the view we had out our window on Monday. 

A family at church took Dan, Oskar and I on a mountain hike on Monday. It was beautiful and it was fun to hang out with them and get to know them better. I thought it would be a much harder hike considering how out of shape I am. I knew my foot would be sore, and figured my legs would be really sore too, but they were fine. It had snowed a lot the night before, especially up in the mountains, so there was still some path creating to do. Parts of it I fell in up to mid-thigh. Good times. We could even see Mt. McKinley (Denali) from where we were hiking. We thought we might be able to see it last week on our coastal hike, but we weren't sure. It was definitely hard to pick just a couple pictures to post here because it was so pretty. Unfortunately I just have a simple camera- it would have been a good opportunity for a fancier camera.




You can kind of see McKinley (Denali) in this picture. The tall guy on the other side of the water.
Not our best pic, particularly of me, but it proves that we were there with the little guy as well.
Sleeping Lady. I know I've posted this one a lot, but it's one of the few I can name. 
We FINALLY made it to the local aviation history museum. It had a lot of stuff in the main part that we got to see, but we didn't get to go to the hanger to see the planes out there. It was cold and we had Oskar and I didn't want to have to deal with that. They had a couple movies playing and I was able to watch one of those while giving Oskar a bottle. It was kind of cool that you sat in old airplane chairs while watching the movies, but they were not comfortable for holding a baby. One of the movies was about 45 seconds of flyover pictures of Alaska and the other was probably 20 minutes or so of WWII battles in the Aleutians. That was full of stuff I had not previously known. The museum was not very busy that day. I was thankful for that when I accidentally whacked Oskar's bottle across the theater. I've been a bit clumsy lately. I dropped my silverware three times at dinner that night too. It was a rough day for control.

An old plane at the museum, I meant to take more pictures, but it didn't happen.
Plus I don't know if pictures are really allowed.
A bit of sad news to report: the spiders are back. They are just as big and fast as before. I just don’t really understand how they are appearing all of a sudden. The weather isn't really different, but maybe a few days above freezing was all they needed. This makes me sad.

Still job hunting, still not qualified for anything- even when I branch out and look in other areas. A few things here and there I guess, but I would really like I job that I wouldn't dread going to. That might be too much to ask for though.

No comments:

Post a Comment