Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Mostly Oskar Pictures

As promised, an official 2 month picture. Not the best, but it shows
some personality, so that's good.
I learned today that Vatican City became a sovereign city-state in exchange for papal recognition of Mussolini’s fascist regime. Now I’m probably missing some information, but it is still upsetting. Not cool Catholicism, not cool. I learned this in a documentary about sexual abuse and the reluctance to punish those responsible in the Catholic Church, so they definitely had an angle they were working. I thought the documentary was pretty good though. Very upsetting, but I thought it was done well.



Oskar is so funny. Sometimes I think he already has imaginary friends because I’ll go to the kitchen and come back and he’ll be looking off in the distance and laughing at something. I also love when he comes inside after a walk and we lay him down on the blanket and since he’s all bundled up he just sits there like he can’t move (picture above). One thing I don’t like is that sometimes his nose whistles when he sleeps and it is a super high, surprisingly piercing note. It seriously hurts the ear. Dan walked Oskar to church the other day and Oskar was super bundled up and we hadn't adjusted the size of the carrier since he was about three weeks old. Dan said Oskar grunted with every step he took all the way to the church. That is about a half a mile of grunts. Oskar also likes to sing with his Dad. I posted a video below.

Our radiator seems to get louder as the year goes on. Simultaneously, Oskar is reacting to loud noises and sometimes they even cause him to wake up. That’s nice. It’s like the radiator doesn't even care that I have a teeny tiny baby that needs to sleep. Much more importantly, I need to sleep.


It is beautiful when it snows. I was going to go outside the other day and get a better picture but apparently people frown upon those who leave babies alone. Oh well, we couldn't see the mountains that day anyway.
Attitude might be a problem with this one.
Yes, I realize that my posts used to be longer and more entertaining, but besides the baby, nothing is happening. I keep looking for a job and feeding a baby who just won’t stop eating. That is my life.

The word ‘won’t’ is a contraction of ‘will’ and ‘not.’ Pretty sure we should say wiln’t instead. Yep, that just happened. Embrace it.

4 comments:

  1. Okay, I think Dan singing to Oskar and Oskar singing with is about the cutest thing EvEr. Dorisa I love seeing pictures and reading your words. DON'T STOP! It helps those of us who are so far away feel connected. Love you Girlie:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the video! That child is so stinkin cute. I cannot wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never too many pictures of the baby! Can't wait to see you guys and meet him in almost a week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love this! ......Okay, so I admit, this grandma has played this many times.
      Thank you. It does help to keep us connected.

      Delete